Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Week two






I've made two weeks on the job here in KSA (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia). It is amazing to me how hard it is to remember everyone's name that you meet. For example, I've been to three of four meetings this week with 8 - 10 people. Everyone will introduce themselves, then the meeting happens. Every will remember my name (as the 'new guy'), then after the meeting stalkie conversation about something else! I find I can recall about 2 or 3 names! I guess everyone is right that memory is the first thing to go!  Above is one of the desert scenes from the back of camp, it really makes the rest of camp look like an oasis. 


Outside of work I have found the lap pool (quite nice it is chilled at 78 degrees F). A real relief as the high here has been 110 F all week long. I found there is an informal masters swim workout at 5:15 am, but haven't made it over there yet.

Right behind my town home is a lighted jogging / walking path. It makes a loop of about 2 miles of trail next to golf course and 1 mile on sidewalk next to road. Every 1/2 mile there is a water station that is refilled with water and ice twice a day.




















One of the big things to do here in the evening is lighted golf. It gets dark here about 7:00 in the evening. Many folks play after the sun goes down because it is cooler and less windy. Oh, I forgot to mention, the wind here blows around a lot of dust, especially through the summer. So it I s quite nice to be out under the lights.


The course here is extremely well lit as the lights are taller than many of the HS fields in The Woodlands.

I am still trying to get used to the work week (weekends are thursday and Friday). Most folks here tell me thy haven't adjusted after 10+ years.

More next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment